- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 3 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped broccoli (optional)
- 1/2 cup cooked cauliflower (optional)
- 1/2 cup cooked, sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
In a large saucepan, heat chicken broth.
Place milk in a jar with lid, and add flour; shake until well blended. Add milk/flour mixture to chicken broth; stir until boiling. Stir in curry powder, and reduce heat to medium low.
Place chopped chicken breast, onion, and celery into skillet. Cook at medium heat until chicken is cooked and vegetables are soft; add to soup. Stir rice and optional vegetables into the soup. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring.
Stir in grated cheese before serving.