- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 apple – peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup chopped chicken breast meat
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh mace
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 5 cups beef stock
Melt butter in large saucepan. Add onion, carrot, celery, pepper, apple, and chicken. Cook until browned.
Stir in flour, curry powder, mace, cloves, parsley, and tomatoes. Cover, and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
Take chicken out, set aside, and strain vegetables from broth. Return chicken to pot.
Using a food mill, puree vegetables. Return to soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add rice and boiling white stock. Serve.
[…] See full ‘Mulligatawny Soup III’ recipe here… […]
Erin Meeks Messick Bryce lovrd this soup