A hearty soup that will warm you on a cold night!
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried navy beans
- 6 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound chopped ham
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups water
Combine beans, water, tomatoes, onion, celery, garlic, ham, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, garlic, and bay leaf in a stock pot; bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for two hours.
Add additional water. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for an additional two hours. Discard bay leaf.