- 1 quart water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pitted dark sweet cherries
- 1 (12 ounce) package unsweetened frozen raspberries
- sweetened whipped cream
Simmer water with rice and cinnamon sticks for 20 minutes. Discard the rice and cinnamon, reserve the water. Return the water to the stove, and add the apple; simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
Add the cherries and raspberries, then bring to a boil before removing from the heat. Allow to stand for at least 30 minutes before refrigerating. Serve cold, garnished with a dollop of whipped cream.