- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound snow peas
- 1 pound firm tofu, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; stir-fry about 5 minutes.
Add chicken broth, vegetable stock, and soy sauce. Bring to boiling. Lower heat; simmer for about 5 minutes.
Stir together vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, cornstarch, water, and sesame oil in a small bowl until smooth. Add to soup with fresh snow peas (if using); cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
Add tofu, frozen snow peas (if using), and water chestnuts. Gently heat through.