This hearty, savory soup was born when I threw together a bunch of ingredients I had lying around. It makes a perfect dinner on a rainy or snowy day.
- 3 pounds lamb shoulder steak
- 1 pound lamb neck bones
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried lentils
- 2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 5 cloves cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Red Delicious apples – peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon wine
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Trim lamb shoulder steak from bones and set aside bones. Cut steak into 1 inch cubes and set aside. Place shoulder and neck bones in a large stockpot and cover with water; simmer bones over medium high heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Remove bones from stockpot and discard. Reserve liquid.
Add the cubed lamb, lentils, onions, garlic and thyme to the liquid in the stockpot; cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Add apples and wine to the stockpot and cook another 15 minutes, or until lentils and lamb are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls sprinkled with cilantro.
Today's recipe – Paul’s Apple, Lamb and Lentil Soup http://t.co/ekNNkIt9 #soup #recipes
[…] Get full soup recipe here… Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. Posted in Uncategorized […]