- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet onion (such as Vidalia(r)), finely chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans peas, drained
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package ditalini pasta
Heat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium-low heat. Stir in the minced garlic and onion; cook and stir until soft, about 5 minutes. Turn heat to medium; stir in canned peas, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 40 minutes with the lid slightly ajar.
Stir pasta into soup; cook at a strong simmer until pasta is tender, about 12 minutes.