- 1 pound potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In 3 quart saucepan, combine potatoes, onions and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Transfer soup to a blender and puree. Return blended soup to saucepan and stir in milk, mushrooms, bell pepper and green onions.
Simmer over medium-low heat and add cheese, a few tablespoons at a time, continually stirring to ensure it melts. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with parsley and serve.