- 1 2/3 pounds sugar pumpkin — peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large potato, sliced
- 1 quart water
- 3 cubes chicken bouillon, crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 tablespoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Place pumpkin, carrots and onions in a baking dish or roasting pan. Drizzle with vegetable oil.
Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes, until soft but not blackened.
In a large pot over medium heat, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Cook potato in simmering water until soft, about 20 minutes.
Combine potato and water with roasted vegetables and puree in a blender or food processor or using an immersion blender until smooth. Return to pot over low heat, and stir in cream, nutmeg, pepper and salt. Heat gently; serve.