- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 head cabbage, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot on medium-high heat. Stir in the quinoa, carrot, celery, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook for a few minutes, until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
Pour in the chicken broth, water, tomatoes, and cabbage. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the quinoa and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley before servings.
[…] See full ‘Quinoa Vegetable Soup’ recipe here… […]