- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 (2.5 ounce) package country style gravy mix
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- 4 drops hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour all at once, and cook until bubbly. Stir in Old Bay seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. Gradually stir in chicken broth, wine, and half-and-half.
Prepare gravy according to package directions, and stir into soup. Thin with more half-and-half if necessary. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in crabmeat, and season with hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Simmer 2 minutes, or until heated through.