- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced deli turkey meat, torn into pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (14.25 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the bacon, turkey, and onion until bacon is evenly brown and onion is tender.
Mix the tomato puree, brown sugar, and mustard into the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Mix the kidney beans and cannellini beans into the soup. Add water to keep the ingredients covered, if needed. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until beans are heated through.