- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, boiled chicken
- 1 cup milk
- ground black pepper to taste
Cook celery, onion, rice, bouillon, and water about 20 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed by the rice. Remove from the heat.
Make a cream base: Combine butter and flour in a small skillet, making a paste. Add 2 cups milk and stir to make a smooth sauce.
Add cream base to the rice mixture. Add chicken and 1 cup milk. If the soup seems thick, add more milk. Add pepper to taste and serve hot.
[…] See full ‘Recipe For Chicken and Rice Soup I’ recipe here… […]