This soup is so tasty, yummy and so good on a cold and rainy day!
- 1 3/4 pounds diced chicken breast meat
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans with liquid
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Coat a large pot with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken, bell peppers and onion until chicken is brown and peppers are just tender. Stir in corn, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and water. Season with chili powder, parsley, garlic powder, cayenne and cumin. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes.