- 1 ripe tomato, peeled and quartered
- 2 large avocados – peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 1 1/4 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- cayenne pepper to taste
Place tomato, avocados, onion, green bell pepper, and lemon juice into the bowl of a food processor, and process until smooth. Pour in 1 cup tomato juice, and process to blend.
Transfer mixture to a large bowl, and mix in remaining tomato juice and 1 cup yogurt. Season to taste with salt. Chill for 2 hours.
Serve in bowls garnished with dollops of yogurt, chives, and a sprinkling of cayenne pepper.