- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen diced carrots
- 1 pound Polish sausage, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 3/4 cup dry potato flakes
Using a large saucepan, brown onion in butter.
Add potatoes, carrots, green peppers, sausage, water, salt and pepper. Cook on low, for about 45 minutes or until the potatoes are creamy.
Add milk and cook until heated through and then add instant potato flakes. If you want a creamy potato soup add a 1/2 cup potato flakes, or if you want your soup thick like stew add 1 cup of potato flakes.
Let soup sit for approximately 5 minutes in order to thicken and then serve.