- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 roma (plum) tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 pound medium shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Melt the butter and heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and cook until tender. Mix in the tomatoes, clam juice, and wine. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes.
Transfer soup in batches to a blender, and puree until smooth. Return to the pot, and stir in feta cheese. Continue cooking 10 minutes.
Stir the shrimp into the soup, and continue cooking 3 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque. Mix in parsley just before serving.