- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), snipped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, minced
- 2 (13.75 ounce) cans artichoke bottoms, drained and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
Place the dried mushrooms into the boiling water and set aside until softened, about 20 minutes. Once softened, squeeze excess water from mushrooms and finely chop. Reserve the mushroom-flavored water.
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate.
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Grill chicken breasts until no longer pink in the center, about 6 minutes per side. Once cooked, set aside.
Pour chicken broth into a large pot, and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, and reserved mushroom liquid. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic and onion, and cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped mushrooms, artichokes, pepper, parsley, lemon juice, and white wine. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes; add to the simmering chicken broth.
Slice the grilled chicken breasts into strips and stir into the simmering soup. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.