This hearty, satisfying soup simmered in golden Swanson® Chicken Broth features chunks of chicken, corn, rice and salsa, and is garnished with cilantro and lime.
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 1/2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Natural Goodness™ or Certified Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn with red and green bell peppers, drained
- 1 cup Pace® Thick & Chunky Salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Crisp Tortilla Strips
- 4 corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
Spray a 6-quart sauce pot with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the chicken to the sauce pot. Cook until it’s browned, stirring often.
Stir in the broth, cumin and rice. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Stir in the corn, salsa, cilantro and lime juice. Cook until the rice is tender. Top each serving of soup with Crisp Tortilla Strips.
Crisp Tortilla Strips: Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Cut 4 corn tortillas into thin strips and place them on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.