- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 stalk celery with leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can canned diced tomatoes
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup uncooked pasta shells
cooking 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Mix in tomatoes, and cook until heated through. Stir in the broth and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
Stir pasta into soup, and continue cooking 10 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.