- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian-style seasoning
- 1 cup cooked and cubed chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot over high heat, combine the chicken broth, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, onion, green beans, green bell pepper, tomato juice, garlic, oregano, basil and Italian-style seasoning.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, or until all vegetables are tender.
Add the chicken and simmer for 15 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.