- 1 pound sirloin tips, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans
In a large stock pot, brown sirloin, celery, onion, and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent.
Add wine, bay leaf, tomatoes, tomato paste, cumin, red pepper flakes, sugar, potatoes, and hot pepper sauce. Bring the mixture to a rapid boil, and then reduce heat. Continue to cook for 30 minutes, or until meat is tender. Stir occasionally to keep meat from sticking to the pan.
Stir in navy beans, and heat through. Serve hot, garnished with parsley and cilantro.