- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon seeded, minced serrano chile
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion, garlic, and serrano chili; cook until the onion has softened, about 1 minute. Add the chicken, and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
Stir in the cilantro, peas, corn, and red pepper; cook for 1 minute. Pour in the chicken broth, potatoes, and rice. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the chicken is opaque and the potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes.