- 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 4 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon rendered bacon fat
- 4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons dry potato flakes
Place potatoes and chopped onion in a deep stock pan, and add water just to cover them. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender.
Add butter or margarine, bacon bits and fat, and carrots. Stir in milk, parsley, and instant potatoes; bring to a light boil. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover, and simmer on low until you are ready to eat.