- 2 quarts water
- 2 pounds octopus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1/2 cup crushed dry pasilla chile peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, or to taste
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp in shells
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (optional)
- salt to taste
celery, potatoes, and pasilla pepper. Fry for about 15 minutes, adding the onion and tomato at the very end. The ingredients do not need to be fully cooked.
When the octopus has boiled for 20 minutes, add the shrimp in their shells to the octopus, and let it boil for 5 more minutes. Add the vegetables from the skillet, and season with salt to your liking. If corn is used, put it in with the shrimp. Let everything simmer together for 15 minutes.