- 1 pound dried baby lima beans
- 4 1/2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes
- 8 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
Wash and pick through beans. Place them in a large pot with the water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until just tender.
Stir in undrained corn and tomatoes, potatoes and cabbage. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. At the table, stir sour cream to taste into individual servings.