- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can white hominy, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
In a large Dutch oven, brown the beef and chopped onion over medium heat. Drain off any fat.
Add chilies, salt and pepper, beans, water, seasoning mixes, hominy, and stewed tomatoes to the beef and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Top with shredded cheese, and serve with chips.