Brimming with chunks of beef, potatoes, carrots, green beans and mushrooms, this satisfying soup is a meal in itself.
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 cups cooked cubed beef
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the broth, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in potatoes and carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
Stir in the remaining ingredients. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.