- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup tomato juice (such as Mott’s(r))
- 1/3 cup minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
Combine the tomato soup and the water in a large sauce pot; simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the tomato juice, chives, garlic, cayenne, rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil, and paprika to the pot. Simmer soup for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the diced tomatoes and red peppers. Simmer until peppers are soft, about 10 minutes.