- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 8 servings hot dogs, sliced thick
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- water to cover
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes. Add the rice and saute for 1 more minute, or until onion is tender. Add the hot dogs and the tomato paste OR diced tomatoes. Cover mixture completely with water.
Stir in the paprika, chicken bouillon granules, turmeric, cumin and parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook over medium heat for 20 minutes, or until rice is completely cooked.