- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 7 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, divided
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large saucepan, saute onions, carrots and celery in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add 3-1/2 cups corn, broth, rosemary, garlic and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool; process in batches in a blender or food processor until pureed. Return to the pan.
In a small skillet, saute red pepper in remaining butter until tender. add to corn mixture. Stir in cream and remaining corn; heat through, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.