- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, chopped
In a good-size saucepan melt butter. Saute celery and garlic till you smell the garlic. Stir in flour to make a rue, cook for 1 minute. Add chicken broth, broccoli, cauliflower, peanut butter, salt, red pepper flakes, simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Add green onions. Add cream just before serving.