- 1/3 cup uncooked white rice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 ounces turkey kielbasa, chopped
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach, torn
In a pot, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the turkey kielbasa until lightly browned. Mix in onion and carrot, and season with red pepper. Cook and stir until tender. Pour in the water and broth, and mix in lentils. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 25 minutes.
Stir the cooked rice and spinach into the soup, and continue cooking 5 minutes before serving.