- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 small red potatoes, diced
- 1 cup peeled, diced carrots
- 1 pound dry green split peas
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package soft tofu
- 1 (6 ounce) bag fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion and garlic until tender.
In a large pot, mix the onion mixture, potatoes, carrots, and split peas. Pour in the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 hour.
In a blender or food processor, blend the tofu and spinach until creamy, and mix into the pot. Season with basil, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking 1 hour. If the soup becomes too thick, add water. Serve hot and enjoy.
[…] See full ‘Split Pea Soup with Tofu’ recipe here… […]