- 1 (16 ounce) package al fresco(r) All Natural Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 (14 ounce) cans low fat, low sodium chicken broth
- 18 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 1/4 cups fresh red tomatoes, chopped
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Heat Dutch oven with 1/2 tsp of oil to coat and saute chicken sausage until browned and internal heat is 165 degrees. Remove from pan and slice into small pieces and set aside.
Meanwhile, finely mince the garlic cloves.
Heat remaining oil in pan, add garlic and saute for 30 seconds, stir in wine and broth and bring to a boil. Cook for about 2 minutes then add tortellini. Cook for another 5 minutes and then stir in spinach and tomato. Cook until the spinach wilts, 2 minutes.
Return sauteed sausage pieces to the soup, cook for an additional 5 minutes add the butter and serve when butter is melted.