- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1 (11.5 fl oz) can spicy vegetable juice cocktail
Heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet. Season the stew meat with seasoning salt and pepper. Cook meat in the oil along with onion and bell pepper until browned. Transfer to a slow cooker, and stir in the beef broth.
Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, or until meat is tender. During the last 30 minutes, stir in the mixed vegetables and vegetable juice cocktail.