- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 3 oranges – peeled, segmented, and chopped
- 1 honeydew melon – peeled, seeded and cubed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt (optional)
- 4 sprigs fresh mint leaves for garnish
Combine the blueberries, pineapple, oranges, melon, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, and pineapple juice in a large skillet. If desired, stir in the yogurt to make the mixture more creamy. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves and the fruit softens, 3 to 5 minutes.
Place fruit mixture into a blender or the bowl of a food processor; blend or pulse until smooth. Spoon into a freezer dish. Chill until mixture becomes slushy, about 20 to 25 minutes, or until desired consistency. Serve garnished with fresh mint leaves.