- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 4 slices Roman Meal Bread, toasted and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shaved
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat; add onions, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes until onions are tender. Add broth, tomatoes and bread cubes. Cook; stirring occasionally until simmering. Stir in basil.
Divide into four serving bowls. Top with cheese and additional basil if desired.