Lovely to look at, even lovelier to taste! Freezes well.
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chopped stewed tomatoes
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can tomato-vegetable juice cocktail
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cooked macaroni
Combine broth, tomatoes, juice, and soup in a saucepan with a wire whisk over medium heat. Add sugar, spinach, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste, without thawing spinach. Allow to heat gently 20 minutes on medium-low until spinach is tender. Keep hot without letting it boil.
Add cooked pasta and cook for 10 minutes longer.
Today's recipe – Tomato Florentine Soup I http://t.co/3hOTPdah #soup #recipes
RT @GLSoupRecipes: Today's recipe – Tomato Florentine Soup I http://t.co/bu8UZ5PQ #soup #recipes