Bet you can guess the secret ingredient in this extra moist and rich spice cake – perfect with your favorite cream cheese frosting for the sweetest of endings!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell’s(r) Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners’ sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13×9 inch baking pan.
Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, allspice, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves in bowl. Add soup, shortening, eggs and water. Beat until mixed, using mixer at low speed. Beat 4 minutes, using high speed. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 40 minutes or until done. Cool in pan on wire rack. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting: Combine the cream cheese, milk and vanilla in a medium bowl. Using a mixer at medium speed, beat until creamy. Slowly add the confectioners’ sugar, mixing until smooth and of spreading consistency. (Add a little more milk if needed.) Makes 3 cups.