- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into quarters
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 5 cubes beef bouillon
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the macaroni, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
Place the bacon pieces and onion into a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat, and cook and stir until the onion is beginning to brown and the bacon is crisp, about 10 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beef bouillon cubes, water, garlic powder, onion powder, and cooked macaroni, and bring to a boil. Cover the pot, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.