- 1/2 pound boneless pork loin, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces peeled shrimp, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger root
- 24 (3.5 inch square) wonton wrappers
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/8 cup finely chopped green onion
In a large bowl, combine pork, shrimp, sugar, wine, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon chopped green onion and ginger. Blend well, and let stand for 25 to 30 minutes.
Place about one teaspoon of the filling at the center of each wonton skin. Moisten all 4 edges of wonton wrapper with water, then pull the top corner down to the bottom, folding the wrapper over the filling to make a triangle. Press edges firmly to make a seal. Bring left and right corners together above the filling. Overlap the tips of these corners, moisten with water and press together. Continue until all wrappers are used.
FOR SOUP: Bring the chicken stock to a rolling boil. Drop wontons in, and cook for 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped green onion, and serve.
[…] See full ‘Wonton Soup’ recipe here… […]