- 2 pounds ground beef
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 3 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 46 ounces tomato-vegetable juice cocktail
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large soup pot, saute ground beef until brown. Drain excess fat.
Add celery, onions, green bell peppers, cabbage, kidney beans, vegetable juice, tomato juice, corn, diced tomatoes and chili powder. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover pot and let simmer about one hour, or until celery is tender. Add garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.