- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/3 cup frozen green peas
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Fry chicken pieces in the oil until slightly browned and the juices run clear. Remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel.
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat chicken broth over medium heat. Add the carrots, peas, celery, onion and mushrooms. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Add the noodles and cook for 10 more minutes or until noodles are al dente.