- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups chopped carrot
- 4 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked alphabet pasta
In a large pot over medium high heat, combine the onion soup mix, carrots and water and bring to a boil, cooking until carrots are tender. Add the tomatoes, green beans, chicken broth and mixed vegetables, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and ground black pepper. Roll into tiny, bite size meatballs and add to the soup.
Simmer for another 20 minutes, then add the pasta. Simmer for another 15 minutes, or until meatballs and pasta are fully cooked.