- 6 large onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 6 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 slices French bread, toasted
- Shredded Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses
In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until crisp-tender.
Transfer to an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the broth, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves.
Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or until the onions are tender.
Discard bay leaves. Top each serving with French bread and cheeses.