This zippy chicken and rice soup is brimming with flavor and color!
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice and vegetables are tender.