- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cubes beef bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked white rice
In a Dutch oven brown beef over medium high heat. Drain off any fat.
Add the peppers to the browned meat and saute for 3 minutes.
Stir in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes with juice, bouillon cubes, brown sugar, salt, pepper and soy sauce. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes. Stir in rice and heat through.