- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
In a large stock pot mix tomatoes, chicken broth, butter, sugar, onion and baking soda. Simmer for 1 hour.
In a double boiler heat cream until hot. You can also do this in a regular saucepan over low heat, but watch it carefully so that the cream does not scorch! Once heated through add to tomato soup and serve.